Here´s what you have to do:
Visit the World Wide Web sites listed below and some
more and answer the questions!
1. Where is Ellis Island located?
2. How long was Ellis Island used as an immigrant processing centre?
3. About how many immigrants passed through Ellis Island?
4. What were the years of Ellis Island's peak immigration period?
5. Immigrants had to undergo medical inspections at Ellis Island. If the doctors diagnosed an illness, they put a chalk mark on the immigrants' clothes. What did the symbols mean?
You have ONE lesson to find information and some interesting facts, the rest of the work you will have to do at home.
Interactive Tour of Ellis Island
Statue of Liberty